That’s what actors David Koechner (Anchorman 2) and Harlan Williams (Half Baked) are claiming to have created with the social media platform’s new video tool. Twitterers have taken to the new function since Instagram introduced it last month. As with Twitter‘s 6-second looping video Vine app, Hollywood marketers are exploring ways to exploit the promo potential in its 15-second video capability starting with Open Road, who jumped ahead of the competition with yesterday’s Jobs Instagram trailer. Koechner and Williams may or may not be “first” Instagrammers on the block to string together a narrative story told entirely in quarter-minute sequences, but they may be the first to partner with producers (Karen Lucey from Off the Record Media and Steve Barnett), develop a script with two additional writers (Joe Homokay and James Penland), and carefully compose 8 15-second sequences of footage into a two-parter tale. The bud cop story shot on iPhones is dubbed Steady and Shakes. Check out the first segment via Koechner’s Instagram page:
The First Ever Instamovie?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- Anna Gunn Talks Starring In ‘Equity’, Working With Clint Eastwood & Rumors Of ‘Breaking Bad’ And ‘Deadwood…
- Marvel’s ‘Avengers 3’ Gets Official Title With Temp Name Hung On ‘Avengers 4’
- Animation Vets Launch Astro-Nomical Entertainment To Make Indie Toons
- Geoff Stults Jumps Into ‘Granite Mountain’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Luc Besson Must Pay More For Copying John Carpenter’s ‘Escape From New York’
- ‘Jason Bourne’ On Way To $55M To $60M; ‘Bad Moms’ Reaching For $30M; ‘Nerve’ Could Find $15M…