That’s what actors David Koechner (Anchorman 2) and Harlan Williams (Half Baked) are claiming to have created with the social media platform’s new video tool. Twitterers have taken to the new function since Instagram introduced it last month. As with Twitter‘s 6-second looping video Vine app, Hollywood marketers are exploring ways to exploit the promo potential in its 15-second video capability starting with Open Road, who jumped ahead of the competition with yesterday’s Jobs Instagram trailer. Koechner and Williams may or may not be “first” Instagrammers on the block to string together a narrative story told entirely in quarter-minute sequences, but they may be the first to partner with producers (Karen Lucey from Off the Record Media and Steve Barnett), develop a script with two additional writers (Joe Homokay and James Penland), and carefully compose 8 15-second sequences of footage into a two-parter tale. The bud cop story shot on iPhones is dubbed Steady and Shakes. Check out the first segment via Koechner’s Instagram page:
The First Ever Instamovie?
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Latest Film News
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce