EXCLUSIVE: I’ve just learned that Fast & Furious 6 opened #1 in China on Friday and is on track for a $24 million first weekend which would be that country’s 2nd highest three-day 2013 debut behind Iron Man 3. It also scored Universal’s highest ever opening in that territory after grossing $6.9M Friday. This helps makes up for the studio’s inability to lobby the Chinese to release big toon hit Despicable Me 2 there. China is the 66th territory where Fast 6 opened #1 (including North America). The estimated international cume through Saturday is $485.3M and Fast 6 should cross $500M at the overseas box office tomorrow. Domestically, the cume through the weekend is an estimated $237.6M and the global worldwide gross is projected at $740.8M through Sunday. China is the last stop for the pic which has become Universal’s highest grossing franchise in the studio’s 101-year history.
‘Fast 6’ Scores Universal’s Biggest In China
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billons’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More