Call it Animation Domination Integration. Fox said today that a fall 2014 episode of Family Guy will feature those venerable Springfieldians visiting the Griffin family. In the episode, titled “The Simpsons Guy”, Peter Griffin and his clan get out of dodge and end up in Springfield, where they are greeted by a friendly stranger named Homer Simpson, who welcomes his new “albino” friends with open arms. The regular Simpsons cast (Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith and Hank Azaria) has been set. Both series are part of Fox’s Sunday animation block, which returns with new episodes September 29. The 20th TV-produced Family Guy will be kicking off its 11th season — a baby compared to The Simpsons, the longest-running series in TV history, which is in production on its 25th season.
‘Family Guy’-‘The Simpsons’ Crossover Episode Set For 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest TV News
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted Disney Would Buy Fox 19 Years Ago
- People’s Choice Awards Sets Premiere Date For Inaugural Telecast On E!
- Disney-Fox Deal: Murdochs On ‘New Fox’ Strategy And “The Next Great Leg Of Our Journey”
- How Disney’s Streaming Dreams And Nightmares Over Silicon Valley Invasion Drove Fox Deal
- Netflix Prepping Comedy Series From ‘Awkward’ Creator Lauren Iungerich
- Disney-Fox Deal: Rupert Murdoch Says No Loyalty To TV Networks, Only “Must See Fox News”