EXCLUSIVE: Josh Brolin, John Hawkes, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jason Clarke are in discussions to star in Everest, a mountain climbing disaster film that The Deep helmer Baltasar Kormakur will direct. He’s the one that’s putting the cast together and is aiming for a November shooting start. Universal Pictures and Emmett/Furla Films are in discussions to co-finance the project. Kormakur already has worked with Universal and Emmett/Furla’ Randall Emmett and George Furla: He directed 2 Guns starring Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg that Uni releases August 2. Working Title partners Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner will produce Everest, based on the 1996 disastrous expedition to scale Mount Everest. Three different expeditions were hit by a sudden blinding storm and by the time it was all over, eight climbers died. The tale was first made famous by Jon Krakauer’s Into Thin Air, his first-person account of being among the lucky ones to make it back down the mountain. This film will be sourced from various books and interviews with survivors.
Josh Brolin, John Hawkes, Jake Gyllenhaal & Jason Clarke In Talks To Star In ‘Everest’ For Working Title
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Karen Gillan Game For Big Role In ‘Jumanji’
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ Set To World Premiere As AFI Fest Opening Night
- Former Paramount & Disney Exec Named CEO Of China-Based Alpha Animation
- Austin Film Festival Lines Up Writers Conference, Packs In A-List Talent From Film and TV
- Jack Reynor, James Franco, Zoe Kravitz, Dennis Quaid Topline Sci-Fi ‘Kin’
- Warner Bros, Anne Hathaway & Gail Berman Spark To Jenny Mollen Book ‘Live Fast Die Hot’