Entertainment One completed its acquisition of Alliance Films in January, expanding its distribution network to include the U.S., Canada, the UK, Australia, Spain, South Africa and Benelux. The company today reports a 40% increase in revenues for the first quarter ended June 30 as compared to the same period last year, driven in part by digital revenues which more than doubled. Its investment in content and programming has jumped 85% and the company says full-year earnings are in line with management expectations. Revenues from film have increased by over 65% on the prior year with 68 theatrical releases and box office of $68M, three times the 2012 result. At its first Cannes as a combined group this year, it scooped up multi-territories on Naomi Watts-starrer Diana, one of the higher-profile pictures shopped at the market. Also among the roughly 250 films eOne will release during the current financial year are The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, RED 2 and Ender’s Game. On the TV side, the 2013 production slate includes Season 2 of Saving Hope, Season 3 of Hell On Wheels and Season 4 of Haven. New shows in production include Discovery miniseries Klondike. Net debt at June 30 was higher than the corresponding point in 2012, primarily as a result of the Alliance acquisition, the company said.
EOne Reports 40% Hike In Revenues For First Quarter
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More