UPDATE: Deadline just received “apologies for the last second notice” but the Academy Of Television Arts & Sciences has a no-show for one of its live 2013 Emmy nominations co-hosts this morning. “Kate Mara is unable to join us. She is on location in Santa Fe and late last night her flight had a mechanical malfunction and was unable to take off. She sends her sincerest regrets. Please tune-in at 5:40 AM PT to see who will join Aaron Paul in announcing the nominations for the 65th Emmy Awards.” Worth mentioning that the Academy did exactly the same thing last year with Jimmy Kimmel. It seems like a cheap trick to try to pull that off as a “surprise” again. Anyway, the 2013 Emmys host Neil Patrick Harris joined Paul at the podium at the last minute. But what I wanna know is should we categorize this screw-up as comedy or drama?
Emmy Nominations Create Co-Host Mystery
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Awardsline News
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Issues Second Apology After Best Picture Gaffe
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Chairman Says Best Picture Gaffe Was “A Human Error”
- Donald Trump Takes Credit For Oscars Best Picture Snafu