UPDATE: Deadline just received “apologies for the last second notice” but the Academy Of Television Arts & Sciences has a no-show for one of its live 2013 Emmy nominations co-hosts this morning. “Kate Mara is unable to join us. She is on location in Santa Fe and late last night her flight had a mechanical malfunction and was unable to take off. She sends her sincerest regrets. Please tune-in at 5:40 AM PT to see who will join Aaron Paul in announcing the nominations for the 65th Emmy Awards.” Worth mentioning that the Academy did exactly the same thing last year with Jimmy Kimmel. It seems like a cheap trick to try to pull that off as a “surprise” again. Anyway, the 2013 Emmys host Neil Patrick Harris joined Paul at the podium at the last minute. But what I wanna know is should we categorize this screw-up as comedy or drama?
Emmy Nominations Create Co-Host Mystery
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Steven Knight On Fans & Heroes As He Nabs First BAFTA Nomination For Writing Gangster Saga
- Daytime Emmy Nominations: 'General Hospital' Leads Programs & CBS Tops Networks
- Denzel Washington To Receive New Dramatists’ 2018 Distinguished Achievement Award
- Film Academy Investigating President John Bailey For Sexual Harassment
- SXSW Film Festival Jury Awards: ‘Thunder Road’ By Jim Cummings Wins Narrative
- Deadline’s Contenders Emmys: Invites Out Today For April 15 Event; Star-Filled Lineup Includes Record 100+…