Shares are up about 4.7% in post market trading after DreamWorks Animation released its Q2 report. It shows net income of $22.2M, +74.2% vs the period last year, on revenues of $213.4M, +31.1%. Revenues were well ahead of the $189.7M that analysts expected. And earnings of 26 cents a share topped forecasts for 20 cents. The Croods accounted for $71.8M of the revenues in the quarter. In addition, Rise Of The Guardians added $16.7M, and Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted kicked in $48.9M. “DreamWorks Animation significantly outperformed in the second quarter, thanks primarily to The Croods‘ incredibly successful box office run, where it has amassed $584 million worldwide to become the fifth highest grossing movie of the year,” DWA CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg said.
DreamWorks Animation Q2 Surges Behind Success Of ‘The Croods’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Business News
- Denzel Washington To Receive New Dramatists’ 2018 Distinguished Achievement Award
- Santa Fe IATSE Boss Jon Hendry Resigns Amid Sex Harassment Scandal
- Michael Gershman Dies: The ‘Buffy The Vampire Slayer’, ‘Crossing Jordan’ Cinematographer Was 73
- Veteran Cirque Du Soleil Performer Dies After Fall During Tampa Show
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- The Roots Cancel SXSW Concert After Bomb Threat; Suspect Arrested – Update