London’s Heathrow Airport can sometimes be a pain for foreign travelers who’ve been known to wait two hours or more in serpentine immigration lines. So here’s something to make the overall airport experience more enjoyable. As the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who approaches, BBC Worldwide has teamed with Heathrow to celebrate the sci-fi series. Starting today, passengers traveling through Terminal 5 will be treated to “a variety of exciting Doctor Who themed experiences,” the BBC said. Those include Cybermen appearances, TARDIS photobooths, props and memorabilia, and “augmented reality experiences.” Terminal 5 is also hosting special performances of music from the series by the London Philharmonic Orchestra. This weekend, the cast of the show, including outgoing Time Lord Matt Smith, companion Jenna Coleman and showrunner Steven Moffat will be at Comic-Con in San Diego.
‘Doctor Who’ Lands At Heathrow Airport As Part Of 50th Anniversary Celebration
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
'The Fighter' Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City's Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest International News
- Turkey PM Recep Ergdodan Cracks Down On Media Following Failed Coup
- Pinewood Studios In $425 Million Takeover Deal With U.S. Property Fund Venus Grafton
- Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz…
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- Wanda Acquires China’s Leading Movie Portal Mtime For $350 Million
- Berlusconi And Bollore Face Off As Vivendi Looks To Change Terms Of Mediaset Pay TV Deal