Summit Entertainment is offering a first-look at footage of Divergent at Comic-Con this week. Today comes word that the futuristic sci-fi actioner will be digitally re-mastered into the immersive IMAX format and released in IMAX theaters worldwide starting March 21, 2014. The first in a planned franchise, Divergent is adapted from Veronica Roth’s best-seller and stars Shailene Woodley, Kate Winslet, Theo James, Miles Teller, Maggie Q, Ashley Judd, Ray Stevenson, Tony Goldwyn, Ansel Elgort, Mekhi Phifer, Ben Lamb, Ben Lloyd-Hughes and Christian Madsen. Much of the cast along with director Neil Burger and Roth will be in San Diego this week.
‘Divergent’ Sets March 21, 2014 IMAX Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Netflix Boss Ted Sarandos Talks Ratings, New Original Programming Spending Increase & 'Stranger Things' Renewal - TCA
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts