Summit Entertainment is offering a first-look at footage of Divergent at Comic-Con this week. Today comes word that the futuristic sci-fi actioner will be digitally re-mastered into the immersive IMAX format and released in IMAX theaters worldwide starting March 21, 2014. The first in a planned franchise, Divergent is adapted from Veronica Roth’s best-seller and stars Shailene Woodley, Kate Winslet, Theo James, Miles Teller, Maggie Q, Ashley Judd, Ray Stevenson, Tony Goldwyn, Ansel Elgort, Mekhi Phifer, Ben Lamb, Ben Lloyd-Hughes and Christian Madsen. Much of the cast along with director Neil Burger and Roth will be in San Diego this week.
‘Divergent’ Sets March 21, 2014 IMAX Release
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Team
- R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta, Dead At 82
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016