Can this stunt help goose The Lone Ranger‘s lackluster box office? Disney and Britain’s Sky are partnering to film a live 3-minute TV ad for the movie featuring stars Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer at the July 21 UK premiere. The spot will be broadcast exclusively across 11 Sky channels starting at 5:56 PM that day. Calling it a “film industry first” the partners said Depp and Hammer will be interviewed by Sky Movies’ Alex Zane for the live promo. Fans are being asked to submit questions via Twitter to @skymovies using the hashtag #lonerangerpremiere by 12:00 on July 18. The Lone Ranger opened Stateside on July 3 earning about $49M over the 5-day 4th of July holiday. As of July 14, it had taken $119M worldwide in 34 territories. It hits the UK on August 9.
Disney, Sky To Stage Live UK TV Ad To Stump For ‘The Lone Ranger’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…