Can this stunt help goose The Lone Ranger‘s lackluster box office? Disney and Britain’s Sky are partnering to film a live 3-minute TV ad for the movie featuring stars Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer at the July 21 UK premiere. The spot will be broadcast exclusively across 11 Sky channels starting at 5:56 PM that day. Calling it a “film industry first” the partners said Depp and Hammer will be interviewed by Sky Movies’ Alex Zane for the live promo. Fans are being asked to submit questions via Twitter to @skymovies using the hashtag #lonerangerpremiere by 12:00 on July 18. The Lone Ranger opened Stateside on July 3 earning about $49M over the 5-day 4th of July holiday. As of July 14, it had taken $119M worldwide in 34 territories. It hits the UK on August 9.
Disney, Sky To Stage Live UK TV Ad To Stump For ‘The Lone Ranger’
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest Film News
- Pat DiNizio Dies: Smithereens Songwriter-Guitarist And Soundtrack Artist Was 62
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Review: About As Much Fun As You Could Have At The Movies
- ‘Call Me By Your Name’ Team On Creating Intimacy On Screen For Story Of First Love – The Contenders Video
- Jennifer Lawrence To Star In ‘Burial Rites’ With ‘Call Me By Your Name’ Helmer Luca…
- LAPD Opens New Roman Polanski Probe About Alleged 1975 Assault Of 10-Year-Old
- Richard Linklater On Why It Took 10 Years To Get His ‘Last Flag Flying’ To The Screen – The…