It’s not a big surprise that Disney Channel is going for a second round of Gravity Falls. It’s TV’s No. 1 animated series across Kids 2-11 (2 million viewers/5.1), Kids 6-11 (1.6 million/6.7) and Tweens 9-14 (1.3 million/5.4). Word of the second season order comes just days after Disney Channel announced it was ending Shake It Up after 78 episodes and in June Disney Channel said it was wrapping Good Luck Charlie after four seasons. Created and exec-produced by Alex Hirsch, Gravity Falls follows twin brother and sister Dipper (voiced by Jason Ritter) and Mabel Pines (voiced by Kristen Schaal) as they spend summer with their eccentric great uncle Stan (voiced by Hirsch), in the town of Gravity Falls. The series’ growing fan base looks for the unique “secret message” at the end of each episode’s credits. The key for decoding the message is incorporated in various episodes. Gravity Falls is a production of Disney Television Animation.
Disney Channel Orders Second Season Of ‘Gravity Falls’
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
'This Is Us' Casting Director Discusses Reason Why New York Talents Are Being Discovered Later In Their Careers
Latest TV News
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father…
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?