It’s not a big surprise that Disney Channel is going for a second round of Gravity Falls. It’s TV’s No. 1 animated series across Kids 2-11 (2 million viewers/5.1), Kids 6-11 (1.6 million/6.7) and Tweens 9-14 (1.3 million/5.4). Word of the second season order comes just days after Disney Channel announced it was ending Shake It Up after 78 episodes and in June Disney Channel said it was wrapping Good Luck Charlie after four seasons. Created and exec-produced by Alex Hirsch, Gravity Falls follows twin brother and sister Dipper (voiced by Jason Ritter) and Mabel Pines (voiced by Kristen Schaal) as they spend summer with their eccentric great uncle Stan (voiced by Hirsch), in the town of Gravity Falls. The series’ growing fan base looks for the unique “secret message” at the end of each episode’s credits. The key for decoding the message is incorporated in various episodes. Gravity Falls is a production of Disney Television Animation.
Disney Channel Orders Second Season Of ‘Gravity Falls’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'