It’s not a big surprise that Disney Channel is going for a second round of Gravity Falls. It’s TV’s No. 1 animated series across Kids 2-11 (2 million viewers/5.1), Kids 6-11 (1.6 million/6.7) and Tweens 9-14 (1.3 million/5.4). Word of the second season order comes just days after Disney Channel announced it was ending Shake It Up after 78 episodes and in June Disney Channel said it was wrapping Good Luck Charlie after four seasons. Created and exec-produced by Alex Hirsch, Gravity Falls follows twin brother and sister Dipper (voiced by Jason Ritter) and Mabel Pines (voiced by Kristen Schaal) as they spend summer with their eccentric great uncle Stan (voiced by Hirsch), in the town of Gravity Falls. The series’ growing fan base looks for the unique “secret message” at the end of each episode’s credits. The key for decoding the message is incorporated in various episodes. Gravity Falls is a production of Disney Television Animation.
Disney Channel Orders Second Season Of ‘Gravity Falls’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video