This is a big step in Disney‘s effort to bring its TV Everywhere app to all of the markets where it owns TV stations, and to Hearst’s 13 ABC affiliates, by the beginning of the fall primetime season. WATCH ABC, which enables pay TV subscribers to stream live broadcasts from their local ABC stations, is already available in New York City and Philadelphia. Beginning today Disney’s expanding the service to Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and Raleigh-Durham. It’s not for everybody, and doesn’t go everywhere: Users need to be customers of Comcast, Cablevision, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Midcontinent Communications or AT&T U-verse. The app works on iOS mobile devices and the Kindle Fire — as well as some Android tablets including the Samsung Galaxy. You have to be in the local market to see the live, linear programming although travelers can access on demand some episodes of ABC’s daytime and primetime shows. The service should be up soon at the ABC-owned stations in Houston and Fresno; Hearst’s 13 ABC markets include Boston, Pittsburgh, Kansas City and Milwaukee. Disney says that it expects to announce additional agreements with station owners as the fall season begins.
Disney Brings ‘WATCH ABC’ App To Four Cities Including L.A.
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Business News
- Obamageddon The Final Ride: POTUS In L.A. Monday For ‘Kimmel’ & Last Fundraiser
- Rachel Weisz Leads A Chilly ‘Plenty’ Revival At The Public Theater – Review
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…
- AT&T And Time Warner Unveil Merger Terms Calling It A “Perfect Match”
- Report: AT&T Reaches $80B+ Deal To Acquire Time Warner; Announcement Could Come As Early As Tonight
- Donald Trump Would Nix AT&T’s Acquisition Of Time Warner; Says Such Deals “Destroy Democracy”