EXCLUSIVE: David Oyelowo will star in the indie drama Nightingale, the latest project from Mexico- and Santa Monica-based BN Films. The Brit actor, who appears in theaters next month in The Weinstein Co.’s The Butler, will play Peter Snowden, a man obsessively in love with an old Army friend who begins to spiral downward as the pair’s reunion approaches. BN producers Lucas Akoskin and Alex Garcia announced the casting today. The script by Frederick Mensch was discovered after being submitted to the Black List site. Elliott Lester (Love Is The Drug) is directing the pic, which is filming in Los Angeles. Josh Weinstock, BN’s Katrina Wolfe, and Lester are producing the film, while Akoskin and Garcia are executive producing. BN debuted in December, boasting a $150M production fund eyeing multilingual pictures. Recently completed features on the company’s slate include Words With Gods and The Jesuit, written by Paul Schrader. BN also is prepping Emir Kusturica’s Love And War and Lucia Puenzo’s La Mujer Infinita.Oyelowo is enjoying a hot streak of late. He appeared last year in the George Lucas-produced Red Tails, Sundance award winner Middle Of Nowhere, Lee Daniels’ The Paperboy, Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, and Paramount’s Jack Reacher. In addition to The Butler, Oyelowo stars opposite Zoe Saldana in the upcoming Nina Simon biopic Nina. He is repped by WME and Inphenate, and Christian Hodell in the UK.
David Oyelowo To Star In BN Films’ ‘Nightingale’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Lake Bell To Helm 'Emperor's Children'; Jack Kilmer Joins 'Stanford Prison Experiment'; 'The Finest Hours' Adds 'Outlander's…
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead Thriller 'Faults' Goes To Screen Media
- Magnet Snags Teen Horror Pic 'Satanic'
- Sarah Wayne Callies Joins Nicolas Cage Thriller 'Pay The Ghost'
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead Set For Bad Robot & Paramount Insurge's 'The Cellar'
- Jorge Michel Grau To 'Curse The Darkness' For SpectreVision