David Harbour has been cast in Sony‘s redo of The Equalizer, which stars Denzel Washington as the shadowy ex-covert ops officer who helps those in need. The pic is a reteam with Washington’s Training Day director Antoine Fuqua. Sony is eyeing this as a franchise so it is a good get for Harbour, who is set to play a crooked CIA intelligence officer who helps pursue Washington’s Robert McCall. Martin Csokas, Melissa Leo and Chloe Moretz also star. Harbour, repped by ICM Partners, Principal Entertainment NY and Peikoff/Mahan, just finished shooting A Walk Among The Tombstones opposite Liam Neeson and the JFK pic Parkland. He also is a series regular on Fox’s upcoming midseason drama Rake starring Greg Kinnear.
David Harbour Joins Sony’s ‘The Equalizer’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Orange Is The New Green: Schilling, Dinklage Head To 'A Month In The Country'
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'