David Harbour has been cast in Sony‘s redo of The Equalizer, which stars Denzel Washington as the shadowy ex-covert ops officer who helps those in need. The pic is a reteam with Washington’s Training Day director Antoine Fuqua. Sony is eyeing this as a franchise so it is a good get for Harbour, who is set to play a crooked CIA intelligence officer who helps pursue Washington’s Robert McCall. Martin Csokas, Melissa Leo and Chloe Moretz also star. Harbour, repped by ICM Partners, Principal Entertainment NY and Peikoff/Mahan, just finished shooting A Walk Among The Tombstones opposite Liam Neeson and the JFK pic Parkland. He also is a series regular on Fox’s upcoming midseason drama Rake starring Greg Kinnear.
David Harbour Joins Sony’s ‘The Equalizer’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories