Vin Diesel sent a ripple of excitement through the Marvel fanboys in Hall H just now at the end of his Riddick panel. He was asked about rumors he’s been tapped to join the Marvel universe. “It’s the one thing I’m not supposed to talk about it,” he answered. But then he let loose that “there is some very big news coming at the end of this month. … Poor Marvel.” Diesel recently sent out some cryptic posts that have fueled speculation. One of many rumors is he’s been tapped to play the Vision in The Avengers 2, but nothing has been confirmed. On July 9, he wrote this on his Facebook page, which has 44M likes: “Marvel meeting today. … Only the people in the room can tell you what was discussed. … P.s. Thanks to Our page, for pushing to make it happen… you know I get tunnel vision with my work… and after that meeting today… wow!” Marvel’s Comic-Con panel is tomorrow, but the studio is expected to hold its big reveals for Disney’s own D23 Expo in August.
Comic-Con: Vin Diesel On Marvel Rumors: “Some Very Big News Coming”
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
'SNL' Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs' Questions, Yes-Ands In 'Chicago Improv'
Latest TV News
- ‘Gentleman Jack’: First-Look At HBO & BBC One’s Suranne Jones-Fronted Period Drama
- America’s Mad About Harry & Meghan; Nearly 30M Watch Royal Wedding Live
- LeBron James-Led Rout By Cleveland Draws ESPN’s Second-Best NBA Eastern Conference Finals Game 3 Rating Ever
- Billboard Music Awards Reveals Non-Televised Award Winners
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Tick Up In Season Finale With Host Tina Fey
- ‘SNL’ Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs’ Questions, Yes-Ands In ‘Chicago Improv…