EXCLUSIVE: He’s played a local politician on two seasons of AMC’s The Killing and Honest Abe himself in Nat Geo’s Killing Lincoln, and now Billy Campbell is set to portray the emotionally troubled CDC pathologist lead in Syfy’s upcomng Helix. Two days before Helix’s Comic-Con panel, I’ve learned that the actor will play Dr. Alan Farragut in the dark thriller series about a team of scientists investigating a possible disease outbreak. Farragut is just getting over a failed marriage and the affair his wife had with his brother, who now needs his help after becoming infected with a deadly disease. Campbell, who also stars in the Ron Maxwell-directed Civil War feature Copperheads, is set to start filming on the 13-episode series in Montreal on July 29. Due to debut in January, Helix is executive produced by Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer Ronald D. Moore, showrunner Steven Maeda and Lynda Obst. Writer Cameron Porsandeh is co-exec producing the series. Campbell is repped by CAA and KLWGN Entertainment.
Comic-Con: Syfy’s ‘Helix’ Names ‘The Killing’s’ Billy Campbell As Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- Michael King Dead: TV Exec Who Helped Launch ‘Oprah’ Show Was 66
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Targeted As Visa, Coke Kick Up Pressure
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications