EXCLUSIVE: He’s played a local politician on two seasons of AMC’s The Killing and Honest Abe himself in Nat Geo’s Killing Lincoln, and now Billy Campbell is set to portray the emotionally troubled CDC pathologist lead in Syfy’s upcomng Helix. Two days before Helix’s Comic-Con panel, I’ve learned that the actor will play Dr. Alan Farragut in the dark thriller series about a team of scientists investigating a possible disease outbreak. Farragut is just getting over a failed marriage and the affair his wife had with his brother, who now needs his help after becoming infected with a deadly disease. Campbell, who also stars in the Ron Maxwell-directed Civil War feature Copperheads, is set to start filming on the 13-episode series in Montreal on July 29. Due to debut in January, Helix is executive produced by Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer Ronald D. Moore, showrunner Steven Maeda and Lynda Obst. Writer Cameron Porsandeh is co-exec producing the series. Campbell is repped by CAA and KLWGN Entertainment.
Comic-Con: Syfy’s ‘Helix’ Names ‘The Killing’s’ Billy Campbell As Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo
- ‘Before The Flood’ To Premiere Commercial Free Across Nat Geo Global Networks October 30
- ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’ Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To…
- Freeform Buys 'Bad Dates' Relationship Comedy From 'Veep's Timothy Simons
- Chris McCarthy Adds MTV Oversight With Promotion To President Of MTV, VH1 & Logo
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Rise As Seahawks & Cardinals Game Ends In Tie