Stuntmen don’t get to save the day in the movies, but these guys sure made the most of their time in the spotlight. Three pros from Stunts 911 who were in town for Comic-Con rushed into action after a distraught woman climbed over the railing of an apartment balcony 14 floors up. Amos Carver told ABCNews.com that he and colleagues Gregg Sergeant and Scot Schecter were on a scissor lift when they saw people yelling and pointing. They lowered the lift, grabbed some gear and ran across traffic to the building. After scaling a fence, a security guard led them to the apartment. Carver told ABC that when they got there, the woman “was hanging on (the balcony) with one hand, and had one foot off the ledge.” He said Sergeant grabbed her in a bear hug Carver and Schecter secured her in a harness. He added that the woman was “very intoxicated”. Police told local ABC affiliate KGTV that the woman was despondent over a breakup. Check out video of the dramatic rescue taken from a cell phone on the street:
Comic-Con: Stuntmen Save Woman From Leaping Off 14th Floor Balcony
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video