Summit Entertainment is rolling deep to Comic-Con with Divergent, the March 2014 pic the studio hopes will launch its next Hunger Games-esque franchise. The futuristic sci-fi actioner is adapted from Veronica Roth’s #1 New York Times best-seller about Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley), born into a society divided into personality-based factions, who is labeled a “divergent” and uncovers a conspiracy to destroy all like her who don’t fit in to any one group. Stars Woodley, Theo James, Miles Teller, Maggie Q, Ansel Elgort, Mekhi Phifer, Ben Lamb, Ben Lloyd-Hughes and Christian Madsen will be in attendance along with director Neil Burger and Roth to present first footage from the film and sign autographs. Kate Winslet, Ashley Judd, Ray Stevenson, and Tony Goldwyn also star in Divergent which hits theaters March 21, 2014.
Comic-Con: ‘Divergent’ First Look To Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Why Nobody Chased ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’: Memorial Day Box Office Postmortem
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast