Summit Entertainment is rolling deep to Comic-Con with Divergent, the March 2014 pic the studio hopes will launch its next Hunger Games-esque franchise. The futuristic sci-fi actioner is adapted from Veronica Roth’s #1 New York Times best-seller about Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley), born into a society divided into personality-based factions, who is labeled a “divergent” and uncovers a conspiracy to destroy all like her who don’t fit in to any one group. Stars Woodley, Theo James, Miles Teller, Maggie Q, Ansel Elgort, Mekhi Phifer, Ben Lamb, Ben Lloyd-Hughes and Christian Madsen will be in attendance along with director Neil Burger and Roth to present first footage from the film and sign autographs. Kate Winslet, Ashley Judd, Ray Stevenson, and Tony Goldwyn also star in Divergent which hits theaters March 21, 2014.
Comic-Con: ‘Divergent’ First Look To Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Film News
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’