Summit Entertainment is rolling deep to Comic-Con with Divergent, the March 2014 pic the studio hopes will launch its next Hunger Games-esque franchise. The futuristic sci-fi actioner is adapted from Veronica Roth’s #1 New York Times best-seller about Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley), born into a society divided into personality-based factions, who is labeled a “divergent” and uncovers a conspiracy to destroy all like her who don’t fit in to any one group. Stars Woodley, Theo James, Miles Teller, Maggie Q, Ansel Elgort, Mekhi Phifer, Ben Lamb, Ben Lloyd-Hughes and Christian Madsen will be in attendance along with director Neil Burger and Roth to present first footage from the film and sign autographs. Kate Winslet, Ashley Judd, Ray Stevenson, and Tony Goldwyn also star in Divergent which hits theaters March 21, 2014.
Comic-Con: ‘Divergent’ First Look To Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE