The CW’s The Vampire Diaries has steamed its way through four years of soapy supernatural drama that have brought a lot of change for its teenage (and technically immortal) characters. Today at Comic-Con the network reminded fans just how much has changed in a panel reel that recapped Elena’s romantic history, torn between Team Damon and Team Stefan. But with the Mystic Falls gang finally graduating high school, the show’s taking the drama to college which will open the TVD world up for all of its characters who’ve just dealt with death, resurrection, transformation, and readjustments in Season 4. The upcoming fifth season premieres October 10, five days before TVD spin-off The Originals debuts. The New Orleans-set Originals will take familiar supporting characters Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) along with it. Series creator Julie Plec hinted it could mean an eventual crossover for Caroline (Candace Accola), and also teased “big plans” for the show’s 100th episode which will air in the back half of Season 5.
Comic-Con: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Readies For Season 5, 100th Episode & The College Years (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
'Isle Of Dogs': Kunichi Nomura On The Asian Authenticity Of Wes Anderson's Stop-Motion Canine Adventure
Latest TV News
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’
- SAG-AFTRA Mourns NYC Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze On Movie Set
- DuShon Monique Brown Dies: ‘Chicago Fire’ Actress Was 49
- ‘Steps’: Ryan Michelle Bathe Cast As A Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot