Rob Sorcher is now EVP and Chief Content Officer for Cartoon Network and Mike Lazzo is EVP and Creative Director at Adult Swim. The promotions are part of a broader restructuring announced today by Turner Broadcasting. Sorcher — based at Cartoon Network Studios in Burbank — and Lazzo — at Williams Street Studios in Atlanta — will continue to report to Stuart Snyder, President and COO of Turner’s Animation, Young Adults & Kids Media Division. In their new roles, the pair will take on responsibilities for the digital and gaming businesses for each of their areas, along with continuing to spearhead development and production of original and acquired content and the supervision of Cartoon Network Studios and Williams Street Studios, respectively. Sorcher has been chief content officer at Cartoon Network since 2008, with the network now seeing some of its best ratings in history thanks to series like the Emmy-winner Regular Show and LEGO Ninjago; Lazzo is the creator of Adult Swim, which launched in 2001 as a two-hour block before becoming its own young-adult-focused channel, sharing space with Cartoon Network.
Cartoon Network And Adult Swim Restructure, Promote Execs
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest TV News
- Crude, Rude “Message From Donald & Melania Trump” Launches Season 41 Of ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Violent Rains Flood Cannes As Mipcom Organizers Mobilize In Wake Of Disaster
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere
- Scooter Braun & Cyber Group Partner On ‘Rock Angels’ Animated Musical Series – Mipcom
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins