Rob Sorcher is now EVP and Chief Content Officer for Cartoon Network and Mike Lazzo is EVP and Creative Director at Adult Swim. The promotions are part of a broader restructuring announced today by Turner Broadcasting. Sorcher — based at Cartoon Network Studios in Burbank — and Lazzo — at Williams Street Studios in Atlanta — will continue to report to Stuart Snyder, President and COO of Turner’s Animation, Young Adults & Kids Media Division. In their new roles, the pair will take on responsibilities for the digital and gaming businesses for each of their areas, along with continuing to spearhead development and production of original and acquired content and the supervision of Cartoon Network Studios and Williams Street Studios, respectively. Sorcher has been chief content officer at Cartoon Network since 2008, with the network now seeing some of its best ratings in history thanks to series like the Emmy-winner Regular Show and LEGO Ninjago; Lazzo is the creator of Adult Swim, which launched in 2001 as a two-hour block before becoming its own young-adult-focused channel, sharing space with Cartoon Network.
Cartoon Network And Adult Swim Restructure, Promote Execs
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown' Ratings: CNN Season Premiere Down With 538,000 Viewers
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'