Based on the UK show, The Chase is not set to premiere until August 6, but today GSN said it has ordered another eight episodes for Season 2 to air later this year. Production begins next month. The network announced an eight-episode first-season order for the quiz competition in May during the upfronts. The one-hour show, in which three contestants battle against an all-knowing opponent named The Beast, is produced by ITV Studios America. Brooke Burns is host. “The high stakes of this ‘all or nothing,’ ‘David vs. Goliath’ battle of the brains result in riveting television,” said Amy Introcaso-Davis, EVP Programming and Development at GSN. “While there is great gameplay in The Chase, it is also wildly entertaining to watch the always engaging Brooke Burns spar with trivia savant Mark Labbett aka The Beast”. Bob Boden, Martin Scott and Michael Kelpie are executive producers.
GSN Renews ‘The Chase’ Ahead Of August Premiere
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Abrams Artists Sues 'Ghost Adventures' Producer Over Unpaid Commissions
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa