Based on the UK show, The Chase is not set to premiere until August 6, but today GSN said it has ordered another eight episodes for Season 2 to air later this year. Production begins next month. The network announced an eight-episode first-season order for the quiz competition in May during the upfronts. The one-hour show, in which three contestants battle against an all-knowing opponent named The Beast, is produced by ITV Studios America. Brooke Burns is host. “The high stakes of this ‘all or nothing,’ ‘David vs. Goliath’ battle of the brains result in riveting television,” said Amy Introcaso-Davis, EVP Programming and Development at GSN. “While there is great gameplay in The Chase, it is also wildly entertaining to watch the always engaging Brooke Burns spar with trivia savant Mark Labbett aka The Beast”. Bob Boden, Martin Scott and Michael Kelpie are executive producers.
GSN Renews ‘The Chase’ Ahead Of August Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Doubles Down On Emmy Joke About John Oliver
- ‘Late Show’: Hillary Clinton Calls Putin A Manspreader; Says She’s “Paula Revere”
- Conan O’Brien Visits Jerusalem; Shares Trump’s Peace Plan Which Includes A Hotel Casino & Hummus Fountain
- Donald Trump Says Ratings For This Year’s Emmys Were “The Worst Ever”
- Damon Lindelof Teases Start Of ‘Watchmen’ Series At HBO
- CAA Promotes Quartet Of Trainees