Talk of a possible merger between Charter Communications and Time Warner Cable appears to be re-surfacing. John Malone-backed Charter reportedly is working with Goldman Sachs Group to pursue a bid for the nation’s second-largest cable company, people with knowledge of the situation tell Bloomberg. Liberty Media’s Malone fanned the speculation of a possible deal after his company paid $2.6B for a 27.3% stake in Charter last May. “Malone has clearly thrown down the gauntlet,” Paul Sweeney, an analyst at Bloomberg Industries tells the news organization. “He believes the cable industry needs further consolidation.” Charter rose 2.95% to $128.23 at 1:28 PM ET. The shares have climbed 63 percent this year through yesterday. Time Warner Cable, up 17 percent in 2013, rose 2.4 percent to $116.64.
Charter, Goldman Sachs Mulling Time Warner Cable Offer: Report
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…