Newcomer Lindsey Gort, who stars in the upcoming Denzel Washington-Mark Wahlberg pic 2 Guns, has been cast as the Samantha Jones character on The Carrie Diaries, the CW‘s prequel series to Sex And The City and based on the books by Candace Bushnell. Samantha is one of Carrie Bradshaw’s eventual three best friends in the HBO series (Kim Cattrall played her, earning five Emmy nominations). In the CW’s 1980s-set world of Diaries, which launches Season 2 on October 25, Carrie meets one of the most important people in her life through a surprise connection. Samantha is a ballsy, beautiful and sexy young woman from the panhandle of Florida who has made her way — and already a name for herself — in the rock ’n’ roll scene of 1980s New York. Gort is repped by Pakula/King & Associates and Principato-Young Entertainment.
CW’s ‘The Carrie Diaries’ Finds Its Samantha
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'