EXCLUSIVE: Carey Mulligan is in early talks to star in The Fury, a Focus Features drama that will be directed by Brick Lane helmer Sarah Gavron. The film’s focus is the suffragist movement in the UK and it was scripted by Abi Morgan. Morgan co-wrote Shame with that film’s director, Steve McQueen, and Mulligan starred with Michael Fassbender. Producing is Faye Ward and Alison Owen of Ruby Films, the UK-based company behind the Tom Hanks-Emma Thompson-starrer Saving Mr. Banks at Disney. The film will be a co-production between Focus Features and Film 4. Mulligan, who starred in Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby, will next be seen in Inside Llewyn Davis, the Joel and Ethan Coen film that premiered at Cannes and opens in the fall through CBS Films. She is next booked to star in the Thomas Vinterberg-directed Far From The Madding Crowd. Mulligan is repped by WME and Julian Belfrage Associates. I’ll fill in more details on the log line when I can get them.
Carey Mulligan Eyes Re-Team With ‘Shame’ Scribe In ‘The Fury’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'