EXCLUSIVE: Carey Mulligan is in early talks to star in The Fury, a Focus Features drama that will be directed by Brick Lane helmer Sarah Gavron. The film’s focus is the suffragist movement in the UK and it was scripted by Abi Morgan. Morgan co-wrote Shame with that film’s director, Steve McQueen, and Mulligan starred with Michael Fassbender. Producing is Faye Ward and Alison Owen of Ruby Films, the UK-based company behind the Tom Hanks-Emma Thompson-starrer Saving Mr. Banks at Disney. The film will be a co-production between Focus Features and Film 4. Mulligan, who starred in Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby, will next be seen in Inside Llewyn Davis, the Joel and Ethan Coen film that premiered at Cannes and opens in the fall through CBS Films. She is next booked to star in the Thomas Vinterberg-directed Far From The Madding Crowd. Mulligan is repped by WME and Julian Belfrage Associates. I’ll fill in more details on the log line when I can get them.
Carey Mulligan Eyes Re-Team With ‘Shame’ Scribe In ‘The Fury’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation
- It's Official: Sony Scraps 'The Interview'
- Michael Stuhlbarg Joins Steve Jobs Pic
- Sony Scraps TV Advertising On 'The Interview'