EXCLUSIVE: Carey Mulligan is in early talks to star in The Fury, a Focus Features drama that will be directed by Brick Lane helmer Sarah Gavron. The film’s focus is the suffragist movement in the UK and it was scripted by Abi Morgan. Morgan co-wrote Shame with that film’s director, Steve McQueen, and Mulligan starred with Michael Fassbender. Producing is Faye Ward and Alison Owen of Ruby Films, the UK-based company behind the Tom Hanks-Emma Thompson-starrer Saving Mr. Banks at Disney. The film will be a co-production between Focus Features and Film 4. Mulligan, who starred in Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby, will next be seen in Inside Llewyn Davis, the Joel and Ethan Coen film that premiered at Cannes and opens in the fall through CBS Films. She is next booked to star in the Thomas Vinterberg-directed Far From The Madding Crowd. Mulligan is repped by WME and Julian Belfrage Associates. I’ll fill in more details on the log line when I can get them.
Carey Mulligan Eyes Re-Team With ‘Shame’ Scribe In ‘The Fury’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Does TV Hurt Movie Careers? 'True Detective's Matthew McConaughey Coveted For 'The Stand' And 'Gold'
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter