EXCLUSIVE: CAA has just signed multi-platinum singer Darius Rucker. Though Rucker’s smooth baritone first became popular when he was fronting the rock band Hootie & The Blowfish, this signing was made by the agency’s Nashville office. The team there will steer Rucker’s latest manifestation as one of country music’s most successful artists. Rucker has sold more than 30 million records and won two Grammy Awards. He began his Country transition back in 2008 with Learn To Live, an album that got him named Artist of the Year from the Country Music Association. He was recently inducted into the Grand Ole Opry, a lifelong dream for the South Carolina native. Rucker’s most recent record, True Believers, debuted in the top C&W slot and yielded a slew of top singles including Wagon Wheel. Rucker recently wrapped the first leg of his True Believers Tour, his first solo-headliner tour. More dates are in the process of being added.
CAA Signs Rocker-Turned Country Star Darius Rucker
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start