EXCLUSIVE: CAA has just signed multi-platinum singer Darius Rucker. Though Rucker’s smooth baritone first became popular when he was fronting the rock band Hootie & The Blowfish, this signing was made by the agency’s Nashville office. The team there will steer Rucker’s latest manifestation as one of country music’s most successful artists. Rucker has sold more than 30 million records and won two Grammy Awards. He began his Country transition back in 2008 with Learn To Live, an album that got him named Artist of the Year from the Country Music Association. He was recently inducted into the Grand Ole Opry, a lifelong dream for the South Carolina native. Rucker’s most recent record, True Believers, debuted in the top C&W slot and yielded a slew of top singles including Wagon Wheel. Rucker recently wrapped the first leg of his True Believers Tour, his first solo-headliner tour. More dates are in the process of being added.
CAA Signs Rocker-Turned Country Star Darius Rucker
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorites
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?
- Madeline Brewer Joins Rupert Wyatt’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Captive State’
- Jennifer Garner In Final Negotiations To Join ‘Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda’
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald