EXCLUSIVE: CAA has just signed multi-platinum singer Darius Rucker. Though Rucker’s smooth baritone first became popular when he was fronting the rock band Hootie & The Blowfish, this signing was made by the agency’s Nashville office. The team there will steer Rucker’s latest manifestation as one of country music’s most successful artists. Rucker has sold more than 30 million records and won two Grammy Awards. He began his Country transition back in 2008 with Learn To Live, an album that got him named Artist of the Year from the Country Music Association. He was recently inducted into the Grand Ole Opry, a lifelong dream for the South Carolina native. Rucker’s most recent record, True Believers, debuted in the top C&W slot and yielded a slew of top singles including Wagon Wheel. Rucker recently wrapped the first leg of his True Believers Tour, his first solo-headliner tour. More dates are in the process of being added.
CAA Signs Rocker-Turned Country Star Darius Rucker
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts