Bunim/Murray Productions, AEG Live/AEG Network Live, and Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas are shopping a new documentary series, Living with Def Leppard. The multi-episode project will take viewers into the world of the rock band via the VIVA Hysteria! Concerts, which took place earlier this year at The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel. Bunim-Murray and AEG Network Live filmed performances of the 35-year-old band and moments from the band members’ point of view. The series also incorporates interviews with Def Leppard fans. It’s the band’s story told by the band, explained the producers, who think it has the potential to become a signature series which will showcase multiple bands. “This is sure to set a precedent for a new genre of TV custom made for the ultimate rock fans,” said John Meglen, president and co-CEO of Concerts West/AEG Live.
Bunim/Murray, AEG Announce Def Leppard Docu/Series Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake