A combination of low ratings and a sluggish ad market accounted for the 9% drop in the average price of a 30-second primetime spot on broadcast network TV versus last year’s Q1. The typical price early this year fell to $102,983, according to an analysis by media agency TargetCast tcm of data supplied by research firm NetCosts. That’s a change from the last three years, when prices rose or were mostly flat. The researchers provided selected data about individual networks, but they illustrate the differences in pricing power. Fox led the pack with an average unit cost of $172,139, followed by CBS ($116,122), ABC ($106,577) and NBC ($62,890). The Peacock network was down 27% from last year, according to TargetCast. Cable also struggled with the soft scatter market early this year. Prices for the 15 top networks among 25- to-54-year-olds were “up very slightly” to $14,865, following a 2% decline in Q4. ESPN came in at $38,943 early this year, ahead of TNT’s $21,679.
Broadcast Network Ad Prices Decline In Q1 For First Time In Three Years: Report
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Business News
- AT&T And Time Warner Campaign For Their Merger And Fill In Details
- Obamageddon The Final Ride: POTUS In L.A. Monday For ‘Kimmel’ & Last Fundraiser
- Rachel Weisz Leads A Chilly ‘Plenty’ Revival At The Public Theater – Review
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…
- AT&T And Time Warner Unveil Merger Terms Calling It A “Perfect Match”
- Report: AT&T Reaches $80B+ Deal To Acquire Time Warner; Announcement Could Come As Early As Tonight