Is Bravo — once upon a time the network of Romeo and Juliet but now the home of Real Housewives of Fill In The Blank — taking a page from its past with one of its new scripted series projects? Fortune, a one-hour drama series script in development, from playwright Theresa Rebeck and exec producers John Wells and Andrew Stearn at Warner Horizon, is inspired by Charles Dickens’ 19th century classic Bleak House. Fortune is set in the present and follows a prominent New York family and the battle over an inheritance after the patriarch dies suddenly under mysterious circumstances. The original Bleak House details the impact of the endless litigation that results from a case in which a testator made several conflicting wills.
Bravo Develops Drama Script Inspired by Charles Dickens ‘Bleak House’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From de Moraes
- Andrew Lack Announces Exit From Broadcasting Board Of Governors
- Who Wins Most With Andy Lack Back At NBC News?
- ‘Conan In Cuba’ Trailer: First Look At TBS Late-Night Special
- Lester Holt Returns To ‘NBC Nightly News’ Tonight
- ‘NBC Nightly News’ Wins February Sweep In All Metrics, Despite Brian Williams Suspension
- Andrew Lack In Talks To Return To Stumbling NBC News