EXCLUSIVE: Jon Bokenkamp, the creator/executive producer of NBC‘s upcoming fall drama The Blacklist, has inked a two-year overall deal with the series’ producer Sony Pictures TV. Blacklist, which NBC said was its highest-testing drama pilot in 10 years, is set to launch Monday, September 23, in the post-The Voice slot — the network’s best time period. James Spader stars as a most-wanted fugitive who mysteriously surrenders to the FBI to help catch a terrorist under the condition that he speaks only to a rookie profiler (Megan Boone) fresh out of Quantico. Diego Klattenhoff, Harry Lennix, Ryan Eggold and Ilfenesh Hadera star. Blacklist marks Bokenkamp’s TV debut after a feature film career that includes a story credit on this year’s Halle Berry-starring The Call, Berry’s 2007 pic Perfect Stranger and 2004’s Taking Lives starring Angelina Jolie. He is repped by ICM Partners, manager Brian Lutz, and Fred Toczek and Brian Agboh of Felker Toczek Gellman & Suddleson.
Sony TV Signs Overall Deal With ‘Blacklist’ Creator Jon Bokenkamp
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Will Be New ‘Bachelor’; Diversity Issue Remains
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two