EXCLUSIVE: Jon Bokenkamp, the creator/executive producer of NBC‘s upcoming fall drama The Blacklist, has inked a two-year overall deal with the series’ producer Sony Pictures TV. Blacklist, which NBC said was its highest-testing drama pilot in 10 years, is set to launch Monday, September 23, in the post-The Voice slot — the network’s best time period. James Spader stars as a most-wanted fugitive who mysteriously surrenders to the FBI to help catch a terrorist under the condition that he speaks only to a rookie profiler (Megan Boone) fresh out of Quantico. Diego Klattenhoff, Harry Lennix, Ryan Eggold and Ilfenesh Hadera star. Blacklist marks Bokenkamp’s TV debut after a feature film career that includes a story credit on this year’s Halle Berry-starring The Call, Berry’s 2007 pic Perfect Stranger and 2004’s Taking Lives starring Angelina Jolie. He is repped by ICM Partners, manager Brian Lutz, and Fred Toczek and Brian Agboh of Felker Toczek Gellman & Suddleson.
Sony TV Signs Overall Deal With ‘Blacklist’ Creator Jon Bokenkamp
What's Hot on Deadline
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS