EXCLUSIVE: Jon Bokenkamp, the creator/executive producer of NBC‘s upcoming fall drama The Blacklist, has inked a two-year overall deal with the series’ producer Sony Pictures TV. Blacklist, which NBC said was its highest-testing drama pilot in 10 years, is set to launch Monday, September 23, in the post-The Voice slot — the network’s best time period. James Spader stars as a most-wanted fugitive who mysteriously surrenders to the FBI to help catch a terrorist under the condition that he speaks only to a rookie profiler (Megan Boone) fresh out of Quantico. Diego Klattenhoff, Harry Lennix, Ryan Eggold and Ilfenesh Hadera star. Blacklist marks Bokenkamp’s TV debut after a feature film career that includes a story credit on this year’s Halle Berry-starring The Call, Berry’s 2007 pic Perfect Stranger and 2004’s Taking Lives starring Angelina Jolie. He is repped by ICM Partners, manager Brian Lutz, and Fred Toczek and Brian Agboh of Felker Toczek Gellman & Suddleson.
Sony TV Signs Overall Deal With ‘Blacklist’ Creator Jon Bokenkamp
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Starz's Cult Comedy 'Party Down' Heads To Hulu
- EOne Gets Into Business With Indie Producer David Lancaster
- Napa Valley Film Fest Says “The Show Must Go On” Despite Quakes, Sets Lineup
- Keith OIbermann's ESPN2 Program Moving; He'll Anchor Some 'SportsCenter' Shows (Video)
- Hot Trailer: 'The Pyramid'
- Lionsgate Nabs Schwarzenegger Starrer 'Maggie'; Oscilloscope Rocks With 'Jingle Bell' Docu