Controversy continues to boost CBS’s glass-house competition series Big Brother, which delivered its largest audience of the summer for the second consecutive broadcast (6.84 million viewers) and matched Thursday’s summer high in adults 18-49 (2.4 rating). Big Brother was Sunday’s No. 1 ranked program in adults 18-49 and adults 25-54. That said, BB isn’t out of the weeds yet: through 11 telecasts, its collective ratings remain tied with its weakest start ever, matching its previous all-time low through eleven episodes, set in summers of ’09 and ’12. Meanwhile, Fox’s preview of its new Saturday Animation Domination High-Def exceeded the network’s internal expectations, ratings-wise. The collective half-hour premieres of Axe Cop and High School USA! clocked 2.51 million viewers and a 1.1 rating in the demo. Except total viewers and 18-49 isn’t the target audience — it’s young guys. The unveiling of the two shorts averaged 512,000 guys 18-34 — which is still a little old for this franchise. That was most closely followed in the half hour, among broadcasters, by NBC’s 269,000 in that demo — with a Law & Order: SVU repeat!
Ratings Rat Race: ‘Big Brother’ Grows, Animation Domination High-Def Gets Good Launch In Primetime
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks