Controversy continues to boost CBS’s glass-house competition series Big Brother, which delivered its largest audience of the summer for the second consecutive broadcast (6.84 million viewers) and matched Thursday’s summer high in adults 18-49 (2.4 rating). Big Brother was Sunday’s No. 1 ranked program in adults 18-49 and adults 25-54. That said, BB isn’t out of the weeds yet: through 11 telecasts, its collective ratings remain tied with its weakest start ever, matching its previous all-time low through eleven episodes, set in summers of ’09 and ’12. Meanwhile, Fox’s preview of its new Saturday Animation Domination High-Def exceeded the network’s internal expectations, ratings-wise. The collective half-hour premieres of Axe Cop and High School USA! clocked 2.51 million viewers and a 1.1 rating in the demo. Except total viewers and 18-49 isn’t the target audience — it’s young guys. The unveiling of the two shorts averaged 512,000 guys 18-34 — which is still a little old for this franchise. That was most closely followed in the half hour, among broadcasters, by NBC’s 269,000 in that demo — with a Law & Order: SVU repeat!
Ratings Rat Race: ‘Big Brother’ Grows, Animation Domination High-Def Gets Good Launch In Primetime
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump: Oscars Host Jimmy Kimmel “Pulled Out The Race Card” Because “They’re Losing Badly”…
- Annie Mumolo To Star In ‘Amy’s Brother’ Fox Comedy Pilot From Melissa McCarthy & Ben Falcone
- Rob Riggle To Topline ABC’s Single Dad Comedy Pilot
- Donald Trump Says He Nixed White House Correspondents’ Dinner Appearance Because They Make Stuff Up
- ‘Moana’ Star Auli’i Cravalho Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Drama High’ From Jason Katims…
- Diana Rigg Joins Court For Season 2 Of PBS’ ‘Victoria’