The midseason return of BET’s The Game and the pilot premiere of Being Mary Jane proved a winner for the cable network last night. The 90-minute Being Mary Jane was the highest-rated show on cable and the second-highest-rated program on all of TV on Tuesday with a 2.0 rating. Only NBC’s America’s Got Talent did better in adults 18-49 last night with its 2.3 rating. Starring Gabrielle Union, the 10:30 PM-midnight telecast from BET Productions and Akil Productions pulled in 4.013 million viewers and is the top weeknight primetime TV movie of the year in 18-49 and women 18-49. The Being Mary Jane series is set to debut in 2014. Meanwhile, the mid-Season 6 return of The Game saw the sports comedy score a 1.7 rating with 3.589 million viewers at 10 PM.The BET flagship series was the second-highest-rated show on cable last night, with the midnight broadcast pulling in 2.726 million viewers and a 1.3. Both shows are executive produced by Mara Brock Aki and Salim Akil. Kelsey Grammer, Kenny Smith and Erica Montolfo-Bura are also EPs on The Game.
BET Scores With Return Of ‘The Game’ & ‘Being Mary Jane’ Debut
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- MPAA Plans Runaway Production Summit In D.C.
- Warner Bros Could Be Haunted By New 'Conjuring' Producer Lawsuit
- UPDATE: RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Under The Dome', 'Mistresses' Finale & 'Running Wild' Down On Holiday, 'MasterChef' & 'ANW' Steady
- RATINGS RAT RACE: MDA Telethon Even, 'Big Brother' Down & 'Reckless' Surges As CBS Wins Night
- UPDATED: MPAA Weighs In; Action! California Senate Overwhelmingly Passes $330M Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion
- ICM Partners Trying To Head Off Interns' Class Action Lawsuit