The midseason return of BET’s The Game and the pilot premiere of Being Mary Jane proved a winner for the cable network last night. The 90-minute Being Mary Jane was the highest-rated show on cable and the second-highest-rated program on all of TV on Tuesday with a 2.0 rating. Only NBC’s America’s Got Talent did better in adults 18-49 last night with its 2.3 rating. Starring Gabrielle Union, the 10:30 PM-midnight telecast from BET Productions and Akil Productions pulled in 4.013 million viewers and is the top weeknight primetime TV movie of the year in 18-49 and women 18-49. The Being Mary Jane series is set to debut in 2014. Meanwhile, the mid-Season 6 return of The Game saw the sports comedy score a 1.7 rating with 3.589 million viewers at 10 PM.The BET flagship series was the second-highest-rated show on cable last night, with the midnight broadcast pulling in 2.726 million viewers and a 1.3. Both shows are executive produced by Mara Brock Aki and Salim Akil. Kelsey Grammer, Kenny Smith and Erica Montolfo-Bura are also EPs on The Game.
BET Scores With Return Of ‘The Game’ & ‘Being Mary Jane’ Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Hit Low, CBS & Fox Tackled By NFL Overruns
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms