The midseason return of BET’s The Game and the pilot premiere of Being Mary Jane proved a winner for the cable network last night. The 90-minute Being Mary Jane was the highest-rated show on cable and the second-highest-rated program on all of TV on Tuesday with a 2.0 rating. Only NBC’s America’s Got Talent did better in adults 18-49 last night with its 2.3 rating. Starring Gabrielle Union, the 10:30 PM-midnight telecast from BET Productions and Akil Productions pulled in 4.013 million viewers and is the top weeknight primetime TV movie of the year in 18-49 and women 18-49. The Being Mary Jane series is set to debut in 2014. Meanwhile, the mid-Season 6 return of The Game saw the sports comedy score a 1.7 rating with 3.589 million viewers at 10 PM.The BET flagship series was the second-highest-rated show on cable last night, with the midnight broadcast pulling in 2.726 million viewers and a 1.3. Both shows are executive produced by Mara Brock Aki and Salim Akil. Kelsey Grammer, Kenny Smith and Erica Montolfo-Bura are also EPs on The Game.
BET Scores With Return Of ‘The Game’ & ‘Being Mary Jane’ Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
'Isle Of Dogs': Kunichi Nomura On The Asian Authenticity Of Wes Anderson's Stop-Motion Canine Adventure
Latest TV News
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’
- SAG-AFTRA Mourns NYC Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze On Movie Set
- DuShon Monique Brown Dies: ‘Chicago Fire’ Actress Was 49
- ‘Steps’: Ryan Michelle Bathe Cast As A Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot