EXCLUSIVE: Bella Thorne’s latest role certainly is a departure from her frothy Disney Channel sitcom. The Shake It Up star has scored a lead role in Home Invasion, rookie feature director Sean Carter’s thriller about a family imprisoned by intruders who play a life-and-death game in which the mysterious rules become clear as the night unfolds. Thorne will play Jamie, a disillusioned teenager intensely guarding a personal secret. Voltage Pictures is financing the project, written by first-time scribe and co-producer Joseph Dembner, and producing with Silver Pictures’ low-budget label Zinc Entertainment. Silver Pictures’ Andrew Rona and Alex Heineman will produce with Voltage’s Nicolas Chartier and Craig Flores. Joel Silver, Steve Richards and Michael Fiore will exec produce. Voltage’s Dominic Rustan handled the deal for the company.Thorne’s Shake It Up is in its third season on Dis Channel. She recently wrapped a role in the Adam Sandler-Drew Barrymore comedy Blended and is nominated for an Imagen Award as Best Young Actress, Television. The 15-year-old also is signed to Disney’s Hollywood Records and has a three-book deal with Random House. She is repped by WME and KLWGN Entertainment.
‘Shake It Up’ Star Bella Thorne Caught In Indie ‘Home Invasion’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa