BBC America has come on board to co-produce BBC One’s upcoming fantasy drama Atlantis to premiere as part of Supernatural Saturday in Fall 2013. The 13-episode Atlantis, created by Howard Overman (Misfits), Julian Murphy (Merlin) and Johnny Capps (Merlin) revisits Greek myths and legends re-imagined for a new generation. Atlantis is an Urban Myth Films production for BBC Cymru Wales co-produced with BBC America. The cast includes Mark Addy (Game Of Thrones), Jemima Rooper (Hex), Juliet Stevenson (The Hour), Sarah Parish (Hatfields & McCoys), Robert Emms (War Horse), Aiysha Hart (About Time) and Jack Donnelly (Dancing On The Edge). Executive producers are Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy and Howard Overman for Urban Myth Films. The series is currently filming in Wales and Morocco.
BBC America To Co-Produce British Fantasy Series ‘Atlantis’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled By ABC
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'