BBC America has come on board to co-produce BBC One’s upcoming fantasy drama Atlantis to premiere as part of Supernatural Saturday in Fall 2013. The 13-episode Atlantis, created by Howard Overman (Misfits), Julian Murphy (Merlin) and Johnny Capps (Merlin) revisits Greek myths and legends re-imagined for a new generation. Atlantis is an Urban Myth Films production for BBC Cymru Wales co-produced with BBC America. The cast includes Mark Addy (Game Of Thrones), Jemima Rooper (Hex), Juliet Stevenson (The Hour), Sarah Parish (Hatfields & McCoys), Robert Emms (War Horse), Aiysha Hart (About Time) and Jack Donnelly (Dancing On The Edge). Executive producers are Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy and Howard Overman for Urban Myth Films. The series is currently filming in Wales and Morocco.
BBC America To Co-Produce British Fantasy Series ‘Atlantis’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'