UPDATE: Much of today’s network and cable programming was dominated by the coverage. Fox News was first to air this morning’s San Francisco Airport crash landing during “America’s News Headquarters” at the top of the 3PM hour. CNN‘s Fredricka Whitfield and MSNBC‘s Craig Melvin followed. David Muir anchored a special report at 3:10 PM for ABC News followed by an NBC News special report anchored by Lester Holt. Asiana Flight 214 was inbound from South Korea and its Boeing 777 crash landing first broke over Twitter via eyewitnesses and survivors. TVNewser was first to identify who went on the air when. Blanket coverage is underway on the major networks.
TV Coverage of Asiana Crash: Fox First
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years