D.J. Caruso‘s first film after I Am Number Four has found a home at ARC Entertainment. Standing Up, based on Brock Cole’s YA novel The Goats, follows an 11-year-old boy and a 12-year-old girl who run away from bullies at summer camp and embark on a three-day journey of self-discovery. ARC will release the coming-of-age pic in theaters August 16 and digitally on August 20. Chandler Canterbury (The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button), Annalise Basso (Bedtime Stories), and Val Kilmer star in the film which Caruso wrote and directed. The film is produced by Alexander Rodnyansky and Media Talent Group’s Geyer Kosinski. Boris Teterev and Sergei Bespalov are executive producers. ARC Entertainment’s Trevor Drinkwater negotiated the deal with CAA and Aldamisa Entertainment’s Jere Haufsfater and Tim Swain on behalf of the filmmakers.
ARC Entertainment To Release D.J. Caruso’s ‘Standing Up’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'