With HBO Go and Watch ESPN firmly ensconced on Apple TV, is the country’s second-largest cabler about to come aboard? Sources told Bloomberg today that the companies will unveil a deal in the next few months. It would mark the first cableco deal for the tech giant’s $99 set-top box, though Time Warner Cable already has deals in place with Roku for its streaming-TV device and Microsoft’s Xbox 360. Its TWC TV app also makes content available for Apple’s iPhones and iPad. “It’s not necessary for Apple to remake the media industry to sell a great TV product,” London-based analyst Benedict Evans told Bloomberg. “They are methodically adding to Apple TV.” The news service also said Tuesday that Apple is hiring Hulu marketing exec Pete Distad to help it seal deals with cable and media companies.
Apple TV Close To Deal With Time Warner Cable: Report
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'