With HBO Go and Watch ESPN firmly ensconced on Apple TV, is the country’s second-largest cabler about to come aboard? Sources told Bloomberg today that the companies will unveil a deal in the next few months. It would mark the first cableco deal for the tech giant’s $99 set-top box, though Time Warner Cable already has deals in place with Roku for its streaming-TV device and Microsoft’s Xbox 360. Its TWC TV app also makes content available for Apple’s iPhones and iPad. “It’s not necessary for Apple to remake the media industry to sell a great TV product,” London-based analyst Benedict Evans told Bloomberg. “They are methodically adding to Apple TV.” The news service also said Tuesday that Apple is hiring Hulu marketing exec Pete Distad to help it seal deals with cable and media companies.
Apple TV Close To Deal With Time Warner Cable: Report
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- ‘Exorcist’ EPs Talk Tonight’s Finale, Possible Season 3 & Disney/Fox Deal
- ‘The Trade’: Morgan Spurlock Dropped As Executive Producer Of Showtime’s Sundance-Bound Docu Series
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless