Britain’s fascination with Andy Murray continues. The Scotsman won his semi-final match at Wimbledon on Friday night, beating Poland’s Jerzy Janowicz after just under three hours of play. The audience for the primetime match-up peaked at 13.2M, BBC One said via Twitter. The channel called it the “most watched TV moment of the year so far.” By way of comparison, the finale of ITV‘s Britain’s Got Talent peaked at 13.1M in June and Broadchurch, arguably the biggest new drama of 2013, peaked at 9.27M during its April finale. The average audience for the Murray-Janowicz serve and volley was 9.68M, according to overnight data. Murray is set to play Novak Djokovic in the final tomorrow. Last year’s final, which Murray lost to Roger Federer, had a peak audience on BBC One of 16.9M.
Wimbledon’s Andy Murray Most-Watched UK TV Moment Of 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Latest International News
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump “Spinning Out Of Control”, Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- British Presenter Billie JD Porter Slams Vice Media’s Response To Sexual Harassment Claims