BREAKING: CBS Films has set Andy Fickman to helm The Exes, the romantic comedy based on the Jane Moore novel The Ex Files. Kelly Bowe wrote the script and Leonard Goldberg is producing. The plot: The ex-girlfriend of the groom reluctantly agrees to attend his destination wedding for closure and for friendship. Once there, she finds herself trapped at an island resort filled with couples’ exes. Old flames are rekindled, new romances are born and complete chaos ensues. “I absolutely love this project,” said Fickman, who most recently helmed Parental Guidance. “It’s a fun and fresh unique perspective within the romantic comedy world. Every time I mention the story to someone they immediately respond with how it relates to their own life — which makes this such a universal experience… anyone who has loved before has lost before.” Fickman is repped by WME and Management 360, and CBS execs Mark Ross and Alex Ginno are overseeing the project.
Andy Fickman Helms ‘The Exes’ At CBS Films
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Fleming Jr
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award
- Josh Boone Says Warner Bros Will Turn Stephen King's 'The Stand' Into Four Films