BREAKING: CBS Films has set Andy Fickman to helm The Exes, the romantic comedy based on the Jane Moore novel The Ex Files. Kelly Bowe wrote the script and Leonard Goldberg is producing. The plot: The ex-girlfriend of the groom reluctantly agrees to attend his destination wedding for closure and for friendship. Once there, she finds herself trapped at an island resort filled with couples’ exes. Old flames are rekindled, new romances are born and complete chaos ensues. “I absolutely love this project,” said Fickman, who most recently helmed Parental Guidance. “It’s a fun and fresh unique perspective within the romantic comedy world. Every time I mention the story to someone they immediately respond with how it relates to their own life — which makes this such a universal experience… anyone who has loved before has lost before.” Fickman is repped by WME and Management 360, and CBS execs Mark Ross and Alex Ginno are overseeing the project.
Andy Fickman Helms ‘The Exes’ At CBS Films
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'