BREAKING: CBS Films has set Andy Fickman to helm The Exes, the romantic comedy based on the Jane Moore novel The Ex Files. Kelly Bowe wrote the script and Leonard Goldberg is producing. The plot: The ex-girlfriend of the groom reluctantly agrees to attend his destination wedding for closure and for friendship. Once there, she finds herself trapped at an island resort filled with couples’ exes. Old flames are rekindled, new romances are born and complete chaos ensues. “I absolutely love this project,” said Fickman, who most recently helmed Parental Guidance. “It’s a fun and fresh unique perspective within the romantic comedy world. Every time I mention the story to someone they immediately respond with how it relates to their own life — which makes this such a universal experience… anyone who has loved before has lost before.” Fickman is repped by WME and Management 360, and CBS execs Mark Ross and Alex Ginno are overseeing the project.
Andy Fickman Helms ‘The Exes’ At CBS Films
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’