BREAKING: CBS Films has set Andy Fickman to helm The Exes, the romantic comedy based on the Jane Moore novel The Ex Files. Kelly Bowe wrote the script and Leonard Goldberg is producing. The plot: The ex-girlfriend of the groom reluctantly agrees to attend his destination wedding for closure and for friendship. Once there, she finds herself trapped at an island resort filled with couples’ exes. Old flames are rekindled, new romances are born and complete chaos ensues. “I absolutely love this project,” said Fickman, who most recently helmed Parental Guidance. “It’s a fun and fresh unique perspective within the romantic comedy world. Every time I mention the story to someone they immediately respond with how it relates to their own life — which makes this such a universal experience… anyone who has loved before has lost before.” Fickman is repped by WME and Management 360, and CBS execs Mark Ross and Alex Ginno are overseeing the project.
Andy Fickman Helms ‘The Exes’ At CBS Films
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Fleming Jr
- Does TV Hurt Movie Careers? 'True Detective's Matthew McConaughey Coveted For 'The Stand' And 'Gold'
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter