BREAKING: CBS Films has set Andy Fickman to helm The Exes, the romantic comedy based on the Jane Moore novel The Ex Files. Kelly Bowe wrote the script and Leonard Goldberg is producing. The plot: The ex-girlfriend of the groom reluctantly agrees to attend his destination wedding for closure and for friendship. Once there, she finds herself trapped at an island resort filled with couples’ exes. Old flames are rekindled, new romances are born and complete chaos ensues. “I absolutely love this project,” said Fickman, who most recently helmed Parental Guidance. “It’s a fun and fresh unique perspective within the romantic comedy world. Every time I mention the story to someone they immediately respond with how it relates to their own life — which makes this such a universal experience… anyone who has loved before has lost before.” Fickman is repped by WME and Management 360, and CBS execs Mark Ross and Alex Ginno are overseeing the project.
Andy Fickman Helms ‘The Exes’ At CBS Films
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billons’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More