EXCLUSIVE: Longtime film writer Amy Nicholson has been named full-time film critic at LA Weekly. Her hire was made by parent company Voice Media Group, and her reviews will also appear in VMG’s other 10 newspapers. Nicholson will work with Voice Media’s principal film critic Stephanie Zacharek, who is based at NY’s Village Voice, which has been revamping staff recently. Nicholson, a former LA Weekly intern, has freelanced for PMC’s Movieline, the Los Angeles Times, Movies.com, Fandango.com and IndieWire. She was film editor at Inland Empire Weekly from 2006-2010. Most recently, she was editor-in-chief of Boxoffice Magazine. She starts her new post later this month.
LA Weekly Hires Amy Nicholson As Film Critic
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO
- ‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Eyes $146M WW Weekend Bow With $65M From China
- ‘Ready Player One’ Cast Celebrate Spielberg; Talk Surprise Set Visits From George Lucas & Tom Cruise…
- Film Academy President John Bailey On Sex Harassment: “That Did Not Happen”
- Barry Diller Says Weinstein “A Gorilla”, Trump “Bad Character” & Explains Why He’d Never Own A Studio Today…
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’