Glee‘s Ryan Murphy tweeted tonight that the Season 8 American Idol runner-up will join the Fox series for its upcoming fifth season. “I am thrilled to announce that the super talented Adam Lambert is joining the cast of Glee this fall,” the showrunner wrote. Murphy offered up no details about the singer’s role on the show, but this could mean Lambert’s name is off the shortlist for a seat on the Idol judges table left vacant by the recent departures of Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Randy Jackson. He has been talked up as a possible replacement on the aging Fox singing competition’s panel, along with fellow Idol alums Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson. Meanwhile, this isn’t the first time network nepotism has made its way to the Glee set; 2012 Idol runner-up Jessica Sanchez made a couple of appearances this past season.
Adam Lambert Returns To Fox Family With ‘Glee’ Role
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Veria Living Rebrands And Gets New Name – Now Z Living
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'