EXCLUSIVE: ABC has ordered a 13-episode third season of Celebrity Wife Swap, from Zodiak USA. Season 2 of the reality series, an offshoot of Wife Swap, featured switcheroos that included reality TV stars Kate Gosselin and Kendra Wilkinson; 1990s music stars Gerardo Mejia and Sisqo; as well as TV mother-daughter duo Joan and Melissa Rivers swapping lives with Bristol and Willow Palin, daughters of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. The season averaged more than 4.1 million total viewers. “The format is timeless,” said Bruce Toms, executive producer for Zodiak USA. “Each celebrity brings their own fun and comedic approach to this classic fish-out-of–water experience.” In the series, two mothers of celebrity families, each with opposing values, trade households, lifestyles and children for a week. Toms executive produces for Zodiak USA with Tony Yates. The Wife Swap franchise has been successful, producing more than 120 episodes combined for the civilian and celebrity versions. The future of the original Wife Swap series on ABC is unclear.
ABC’s ‘Celebrity Wife Swap’ Renewed For Third Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- Fox Buys 'Nod' Sci-Fi Drama From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive
- Zach Galifianakis & Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Gets FX Series Order
- Daniel Dae Kim To Produce Adaptation Of Korean Medical Drama 'Good Doctor' For CBS