EXCLUSIVE: ABC has ordered a 13-episode third season of Celebrity Wife Swap, from Zodiak USA. Season 2 of the reality series, an offshoot of Wife Swap, featured switcheroos that included reality TV stars Kate Gosselin and Kendra Wilkinson; 1990s music stars Gerardo Mejia and Sisqo; as well as TV mother-daughter duo Joan and Melissa Rivers swapping lives with Bristol and Willow Palin, daughters of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. The season averaged more than 4.1 million total viewers. “The format is timeless,” said Bruce Toms, executive producer for Zodiak USA. “Each celebrity brings their own fun and comedic approach to this classic fish-out-of–water experience.” In the series, two mothers of celebrity families, each with opposing values, trade households, lifestyles and children for a week. Toms executive produces for Zodiak USA with Tony Yates. The Wife Swap franchise has been successful, producing more than 120 episodes combined for the civilian and celebrity versions. The future of the original Wife Swap series on ABC is unclear.
ABC’s ‘Celebrity Wife Swap’ Renewed For Third Season
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled By ABC
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'