EXCLUSIVE: ABC has ordered a 13-episode third season of Celebrity Wife Swap, from Zodiak USA. Season 2 of the reality series, an offshoot of Wife Swap, featured switcheroos that included reality TV stars Kate Gosselin and Kendra Wilkinson; 1990s music stars Gerardo Mejia and Sisqo; as well as TV mother-daughter duo Joan and Melissa Rivers swapping lives with Bristol and Willow Palin, daughters of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. The season averaged more than 4.1 million total viewers. “The format is timeless,” said Bruce Toms, executive producer for Zodiak USA. “Each celebrity brings their own fun and comedic approach to this classic fish-out-of–water experience.” In the series, two mothers of celebrity families, each with opposing values, trade households, lifestyles and children for a week. Toms executive produces for Zodiak USA with Tony Yates. The Wife Swap franchise has been successful, producing more than 120 episodes combined for the civilian and celebrity versions. The future of the original Wife Swap series on ABC is unclear.
ABC’s ‘Celebrity Wife Swap’ Renewed For Third Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M Cume; 'As Above' Best Of Newcomers; 'Cantinflas' Opens Well
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'