EXCLUSIVE: ABC has ordered a 13-episode third season of Celebrity Wife Swap, from Zodiak USA. Season 2 of the reality series, an offshoot of Wife Swap, featured switcheroos that included reality TV stars Kate Gosselin and Kendra Wilkinson; 1990s music stars Gerardo Mejia and Sisqo; as well as TV mother-daughter duo Joan and Melissa Rivers swapping lives with Bristol and Willow Palin, daughters of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. The season averaged more than 4.1 million total viewers. “The format is timeless,” said Bruce Toms, executive producer for Zodiak USA. “Each celebrity brings their own fun and comedic approach to this classic fish-out-of–water experience.” In the series, two mothers of celebrity families, each with opposing values, trade households, lifestyles and children for a week. Toms executive produces for Zodiak USA with Tony Yates. The Wife Swap franchise has been successful, producing more than 120 episodes combined for the civilian and celebrity versions. The future of the original Wife Swap series on ABC is unclear.
ABC’s ‘Celebrity Wife Swap’ Renewed For Third Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father…
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?