ABC will be revisiting the Cold War with The Assets, a limited series slated to air in 2014. It will be based on the book Circle of Treason: A CIA Account of Traitor Aldrich Ames and the Men He Betrayed by veteran CIA officers Sandra Grimes and Jeanne Vertefeuille who hunted down CIA officer Aldrich Ames, a mole who fed information to the Soviet Union that contributed to the deaths of at least ten Soviet intelligence officers who had spied for the United States. The Assets will look inside the true, personal stories of the conclusion of the Cold War as told by the keepers of the nation’s secrets: the CIA. The series will be produced by ABC News’ Lincoln Square Prods. Executive producers are Morgan Hertzan, Rudy Bednar and Andrew Chapman who will run the series. There has been renewed interest in the Cold War on the small screen, with FX’s new drama The Americans among projects that explore the high stakes spying games between the U.S. and the Soviet Union.
ABC Orders Cold War Limited Series ‘The Assets’ For 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest TV News
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed