Troika Pictures and Coup d’Etat Films have set Robert Sheehan (The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones), Dev Patel (Slumdog Millionaire), and Zoe Kravitz (After Earth) in the comedic drama The Road Within, directed by first timer Gren Wells from her own script. Pic follows Vincent (Sheehan), a young man with Tourette’s, whose mother dies leaving him in the care of his estranged politician father. Placed in a residential home while his dad hits the campaign trailer, Vincent breaks out with an anorexic woman (Kravitz) and his OCD roommate (Dev Patel) on a road trip to take his mother’s ashes to the ocean. The Road Within is adapted from the award-winning German film Vincent Will Meer and begins filming July 1 in LA. Sales kicked off at Cannes and Panorama is repping international sales. Bradley Gallo, Robert L. Stein and Michael A. Helfant are producing for Troika Pictures, along with Brent Emery and Guy J. Louthan. Troika’s William Gallo will executive produce with Phillip Cohen as co-executive producer. Wells and Kravitz are repped by Paradigm. Sheehan is repped by UTA. Patel is repped by Magnolia Entertainment and UTA.
Robert Sheehan, Dev Patel, Zoe Kravitz Set For ‘The Road Within’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video