EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off the release of his Paul Walker thriller Vehicle 19, South African writer-director Mukunda Michael Dewil has signed on to helm Wet House for Zero Gravity Entertainment. The elevated psychological thriller from scribe Jack Reher revolves around a psychologist who becomes entangled with the mysterious resident of a wet house, whose apparent psychic abilities help her aid the police in solving a string of grizzly, bath salt-fueled massacres. “I like the idea that everything is layered with this atmosphere of unnamed trepidation — nothing can be trusted at face value and that kind of foreboding really gives me a lot to work with when creating the world of this story,” Dewil said. Mark Holder and Christine Holder are producing and financing for Zero Gravity. The film will shoot this fall in South Africa as the first of three features Zero Gravity plans to shoot there.
Zero Gravity Sets Mukunda Michael Dewil To Helm Psychological Thriller ‘Wet House’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Dax Shepard Driving Warner Bros 'CHiPS' Film; Michael Pena To Play Ponch
- 'GOT's Emilia Clarke, 'Hunger Games' Sam Claflin To Star In MGM's 'Me Before You'
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'