EXCLUSIVE: Now, this is a coup. WME has just signed actress Carey Mulligan, who’s about as hot a gal as there is in town. She’s coming off Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby, the Steve McQueen-directed Shame and the stylish Nicolas Winding Refn-directed Drive. Mulligan has a pair of pictures at Cannes; besides the curtain raiser Gatsby, she also starred in the Joel and Ethan Coen-directed Inside Llewyn Davis, which won the Grand Prix at the festival and will be released by CBS Films December 6. Mulligan had been repped by CAA, and she was signed by Warren Zavala, who had been at CAA but moved to WME last year with his whole client list. She has been rumored to be in contention to play Hillary Clinton in the James Ponsoldt-directed Rodham, but I’m told that’s far from a sure thing at this point. Mulligan will next begin production on Far from the Madding Crowd starring opposite Mathias Schoenaerts and directed by Thomas Vinterberg. She continues to be repped in the UK by Julian Belfrage & Associates and at Ziffren Brittenham.
WME Signs ‘The Great Gatsby’ Star Carey Mulligan
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Fleming Jr
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award
- Josh Boone Says Warner Bros Will Turn Stephen King's 'The Stand' Into Four Films
- Chris Pratt Circles 'Cowboy Ninja Viking'