EXCLUSIVE: Now, this is a coup. WME has just signed actress Carey Mulligan, who’s about as hot a gal as there is in town. She’s coming off Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby, the Steve McQueen-directed Shame and the stylish Nicolas Winding Refn-directed Drive. Mulligan has a pair of pictures at Cannes; besides the curtain raiser Gatsby, she also starred in the Joel and Ethan Coen-directed Inside Llewyn Davis, which won the Grand Prix at the festival and will be released by CBS Films December 6. Mulligan had been repped by CAA, and she was signed by Warren Zavala, who had been at CAA but moved to WME last year with his whole client list. She has been rumored to be in contention to play Hillary Clinton in the James Ponsoldt-directed Rodham, but I’m told that’s far from a sure thing at this point. Mulligan will next begin production on Far from the Madding Crowd starring opposite Mathias Schoenaerts and directed by Thomas Vinterberg. She continues to be repped in the UK by Julian Belfrage & Associates and at Ziffren Brittenham.
WME Signs ‘The Great Gatsby’ Star Carey Mulligan
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Latest Film News
- Denzel Washington To Receive New Dramatists’ 2018 Distinguished Achievement Award
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession