The Wizard Of Oz is getting a major brand revitalization this fall. The Technicolor classic will return to screens on September 20 for an exclusive one-week IMAX 3D engagement commemorating its 75th anniversary, with dozens of promotional partnerships bringing the Oz brand to apparel, jewelry, collectibles, publishing, stationery and paper goods, toys and games, slot machines, November’s 87th Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, and a campaign of child passenger safety PSAs. WB‘s extensive 8K 3D conversion will also be available as part of a 5-disc Blu-ray 3D collector’s edition debuting in October.
WB To Fete ‘Wizard Of Oz’ 75th Anniversary With IMAX 3D Release
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'