The Wizard Of Oz is getting a major brand revitalization this fall. The Technicolor classic will return to screens on September 20 for an exclusive one-week IMAX 3D engagement commemorating its 75th anniversary, with dozens of promotional partnerships bringing the Oz brand to apparel, jewelry, collectibles, publishing, stationery and paper goods, toys and games, slot machines, November’s 87th Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, and a campaign of child passenger safety PSAs. WB‘s extensive 8K 3D conversion will also be available as part of a 5-disc Blu-ray 3D collector’s edition debuting in October.
WB To Fete ‘Wizard Of Oz’ 75th Anniversary With IMAX 3D Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- ‘On Chesil Beach’ Trailer: Saoirse Ronan’s ‘Lady Bird’ Follow-Up Looks At Sex & Societal Pressure In…
- Donald Trump Points Finger At Movies, Video Games During Gun Violence Meeting
- Hans Zimmer Set Out After Complete Fusion Of Sound And Image With ‘Dunkirk’
- Joss Whedon Exits Warner Bros’ ‘Batgirl’ Movie
- Rob Reiner’s ‘Shock And Awe’ To Hit Theaters This Summer With Vertical & DirecTV Deal
- Harvey Weinstein Says Sorry For “Improperly” Using Meryl Streep & Jennifer Lawrence In Lawsuit