Wes Bentley (The Hunger Games) is set to star in Open, HBO’s drama pilot from Glee and American Horror Story co-creator Ryan Murphy. The project, which Murphy co-wrote with Lauren Gussis, is described as a modern, provocative exploration of human sexuality and relationships. Bentley will play the handsome but arrogant Evan Foster, a bit of a blowhard who loves espousing his theories on human sexuality. Open hails from Fox 21, the cable division of 20th Century Fox TV where Murphy is under a rich overall deal. This marks a rare foray into television for Bentley, whose only previous TV gig was a starring role in another HBO pilot, Tilda, opposite Diane Keaton.
Wes Bentley To Star In Ryan Murphy’s HBO Pilot ‘Open’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Mob Comedy From 'Big Bang' Actor Kevin Sussman & Neil Moritz
- Spike Buys Illegal Online Marketplace Drama From Tony Krantz & Gary Oldman
- IFC's 'Maron' Renewed For Third Season
- Brian Van Holt To Depart 'Cougar Town'
- Craig Ferguson To Visit NBC's 'Late Night With Seth Meyers' Tonight
- Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order, Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce