On the heels of New York-based IFC establishing a presence on the West Coast in March, sibling WE tv too is opening a Los Angeles outpost. Promoted from director to senior director, Megan Lawrence will move from New York to LA to oversee WE tv’s unscripted development efforts in the market, reporting to Deirdre O’Hearn, VP, development and talent, based in NYC. She will work out of AMC Networks’ Santa Monica office. WE tv’s production and development is overseen by NYC-based SVP, Lauren Gellert. WE tv’s summer original slate got off to a solid start last week with the launch of the network’s Friday lineup.
WE TV Opening Los Angeles Office
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Latest TV News
- TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV
- ‘The Loud House' Creator Chris Savino Fired By Nickelodeon Following Sexual Harassment Allegations