Warner Bros and Legendary‘s fantasy epic Seventh Son had already weathered one major release date shift from February 2013 to October 2013 before the bankruptcy of VFX house Rhythm & Hues threw its visual effects schedule into chaos. Today WB announced that the Jeff Bridges starrer has been delayed yet again — this time moving Seventh Son from the fall season into MLK Jr. weekend 2014. Legendary Pictures even forked over an extra $4.9M to the ailing Rhythm & Hues in order to receive completed VFX shots in time for the October release. Seventh Son will now open nearly a year after its original date on January 17, 2014 in 2D, 3D and IMAX. Meanwhile another winter WB release, the Robert De Niro–Sylvester Stallone boxing pic Grudge Match, is advancing two weeks from January 10, 2014 to Christmas Day 2013.
WB Delays ‘Seventh Son’ To January 2014, Moves Up ‘Grudge Match’
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?
- ‘Knight Of Cups’ Trailer: Christian Bale’s Excellent Misadventure