Warner Bros and Legendary‘s fantasy epic Seventh Son had already weathered one major release date shift from February 2013 to October 2013 before the bankruptcy of VFX house Rhythm & Hues threw its visual effects schedule into chaos. Today WB announced that the Jeff Bridges starrer has been delayed yet again — this time moving Seventh Son from the fall season into MLK Jr. weekend 2014. Legendary Pictures even forked over an extra $4.9M to the ailing Rhythm & Hues in order to receive completed VFX shots in time for the October release. Seventh Son will now open nearly a year after its original date on January 17, 2014 in 2D, 3D and IMAX. Meanwhile another winter WB release, the Robert De Niro–Sylvester Stallone boxing pic Grudge Match, is advancing two weeks from January 10, 2014 to Christmas Day 2013.
WB Delays ‘Seventh Son’ To January 2014, Moves Up ‘Grudge Match’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO
- ‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Eyes $146M WW Weekend Bow With $65M From China
- ‘Ready Player One’ Cast Celebrate Spielberg; Talk Surprise Set Visits From George Lucas & Tom Cruise…
- Film Academy President John Bailey On Sex Harassment: “That Did Not Happen”
- Barry Diller Says Weinstein “A Gorilla”, Trump “Bad Character” & Explains Why He’d Never Own A Studio Today…
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’