Warner Bros and Legendary‘s fantasy epic Seventh Son had already weathered one major release date shift from February 2013 to October 2013 before the bankruptcy of VFX house Rhythm & Hues threw its visual effects schedule into chaos. Today WB announced that the Jeff Bridges starrer has been delayed yet again — this time moving Seventh Son from the fall season into MLK Jr. weekend 2014. Legendary Pictures even forked over an extra $4.9M to the ailing Rhythm & Hues in order to receive completed VFX shots in time for the October release. Seventh Son will now open nearly a year after its original date on January 17, 2014 in 2D, 3D and IMAX. Meanwhile another winter WB release, the Robert De Niro–Sylvester Stallone boxing pic Grudge Match, is advancing two weeks from January 10, 2014 to Christmas Day 2013.
WB Delays ‘Seventh Son’ To January 2014, Moves Up ‘Grudge Match’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s…
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Cannes: Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Wins Palme D’Or At Emotional, Musical Ceremony – Update
- Mathematician John Nash, Subject Of ‘A Beautiful Mind’, Dies In Car Crash
- Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cate Blanchett, Melissa McCarthy, Suzanne Somers And Disney Self-Absorption
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update