Warner Bros and Legendary‘s fantasy epic Seventh Son had already weathered one major release date shift from February 2013 to October 2013 before the bankruptcy of VFX house Rhythm & Hues threw its visual effects schedule into chaos. Today WB announced that the Jeff Bridges starrer has been delayed yet again — this time moving Seventh Son from the fall season into MLK Jr. weekend 2014. Legendary Pictures even forked over an extra $4.9M to the ailing Rhythm & Hues in order to receive completed VFX shots in time for the October release. Seventh Son will now open nearly a year after its original date on January 17, 2014 in 2D, 3D and IMAX. Meanwhile another winter WB release, the Robert De Niro-Sylvester Stallone boxing pic Grudge Match, is advancing two weeks from January 10, 2014 to Christmas Day 2013.
WB Delays ‘Seventh Son’ To January 2014, Moves Up ‘Grudge Match’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video