Fox International Channels today promoted the company veteran to COO as well as naming him CEO of National Geographic Channels International. Ward Platt had been FIC’s President of Asia Pacific and the Middle East. He will relocate to Los Angeles and work to implement FIC’s global growth plans, continuing to report to FIC President and CEO Herman Lopez. In his NCGI role, Platt will oversee international programming, marketing, operations, syndication and finance for the National Geographic Channels outside of the US. Before joining Fox, he was VP Distribution and Business Development at Star Group. Also today, Zubin Gandevia was promoted from COO of Fox International Channels Asia to President of the unit. He will continue to report to Platt.
Ward Platt Upped To Pair Of Top Posts At Fox International Channels
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Slightly Better In Actuals, But Memorial Day Frame Was Still A Downer - Tuesday B.O. Update
'Tomorrowland's $74.7M Global Bow; 'Pitch Perfect 2' Singing $190.4M Cume; 'Mad Max' Smokin' $227.7M - Wwide B.O. Update
Latest International News
- ‘Tomorrowland’s $74.7M Global Bow; ‘Pitch Perfect 2′ Singing $190.4M Cume; ‘Mad Max’ Smokin’ $227.7M – Wwide…
- ITV Walking Away From Weinstein Co. TV Deal; What Now For Bob And Harvey?
- Michael Gambon Is Winston Churchill In ITV Drama Headed To PBS’ Masterpiece
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Cannes: Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Wins Palme D’Or At Emotional, Musical Ceremony – Update
- Aishwarya Rai On Return To Film With ‘Jazbaa’ Helmer Sanjay Gupta – Video