Fox International Channels today promoted the company veteran to COO as well as naming him CEO of National Geographic Channels International. Ward Platt had been FIC’s President of Asia Pacific and the Middle East. He will relocate to Los Angeles and work to implement FIC’s global growth plans, continuing to report to FIC President and CEO Herman Lopez. In his NCGI role, Platt will oversee international programming, marketing, operations, syndication and finance for the National Geographic Channels outside of the US. Before joining Fox, he was VP Distribution and Business Development at Star Group. Also today, Zubin Gandevia was promoted from COO of Fox International Channels Asia to President of the unit. He will continue to report to Platt.
Ward Platt Upped To Pair Of Top Posts At Fox International Channels
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest International News
- Oscars: Global Media Reacts To Best Picture Blunder
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief
- Another Oscars Gaffe: Image Of Living Australian Producer Mistakenly Used During In Memoriam Segment
- ‘Moonlight’ Wins Best Picture Oscar … In A Do-Over – Deadline’s Live Blog
- Foreign Language Oscar Winner Asghar Farhadi Slams “Inhumane” Trump Travel Ban, In Absentia